duminică, 3 decembrie 2017

Criteria in choosing running shoes


How do we choose our running shoes? It is one of the questions that I receive more and more often, sign that many of you are interested in the subject. I will tell you which criteria I consider important

Choosing your running shoes is not a fad but a decision that most often makes the difference between a beneficial run for your body and one that will affect your health.

Running is a complex biomechanical process involving several categories of muscle. That's why the footwear is very important for the comfort and especially the safety of your body. One of the criteria you should take into account is the prophecy, that is, the rotational movement that your foot describes when you run.

Choosing running shoes remains an inexhaustible subject; that's why, despite numerous sites on this topic, I was not surprised when Carmen Bruma contacted me on Facebook (this is good and this Facebook is something :) :) to invite me, together with Gabi Solomon , on a TV show broadcast by Realitatea TV on ... how to choose our running shoes. I enjoyed the invitation because I get very often questions about this topic and here I have the opportunity to post my first comprehensive article that I hope will help you when you want to equip yourself.
What is our 'philosophy' about running shoes?

First of all, the choice of running shoes must begin, especially for beginners, with a few questions: What is my goal (maintenance run, to weaken or to run marathons, perform performance, etc.)? What frequency will I run (1-2 times a week or 5-6 times)? What distances (3-4 km or 20-30 km on a training course)? Where will I run, on what type of surface (road, mountain, mixed, tartan, lane etc.)? [if I'm overweight, I should be moving in the first phase to softer surfaces - the band being a very wise option]. What bugheets I am willing to invest (and what are I willing to quit to have a larger budget: cigarettes, beer, coffee, car ...)? And some other such questions ...
Armed with answers to such questions, follow the choice of adisas.
1. Make / model. Asics, Mizuno, Saucony, New Balance, Adidas, Nike, Puma, Ecco, Salomon, Scarpa, Zoot, Brooks, La Sportiva, Altra, Inov8, Hoka, Montrail. the same factory in China or Malaysia :)) and I do not think there is anyone who can say for sure "The Y mark is the best choice!". It might seem like an average model from Saucony to look brilliant, but you better fit a top model from Asics. I think everyone

should experience, see what suits them and what they like.

2. Shop versus net. Ideal is to see them live and even test them before buying. That means going to a treadmill shop (for example, Decathlon, Intersport). Unfortunately, the offer of such stores is limited, both as brands and as models, colors, numbers, etc., and the high prices compared to the 2nd option (net), but it is worth trying at least if we are beginners and , especially if we get a promotion ... The net is much simpler: we find all brands, all models, all colors, etc., and prices are decent. Here we should pay attention to the return policy (and cost), size (find HERE a converter), time and delivery areas, warranty, customer service number, etc. It helps me a lot to make a short list (3-4 models), then to search for information and forum reviews. Finally, one last option to buy running shoes is a "mixed": go to the store, find different pairs, write down the model and the number that suits me best and then order it on the net. Or, if you have a relative abroad or a friend who goes on vacation (especially in the US or Canada) ...
3. Size. Personally, I prefer at least one extra number when I run. Why? The foot of the foot dilates during the run ... For the same reason, I prefer the running shoe to be wider than the shoes I wear in my office or street. And in the case of the running shoes I run in winter, I prefer even a half and a half more, so that instead of thicker socks.
4. Material. I do not really know about the materials, but - from this point of view - I am distributing the adidas in three categories: thin, breathable - mostly used in summer on the road; of thicker but not waterproof material - used for mountain running in normal weather conditions; made of waterproof material - used especially in winter or in mountain ranges with torrential rains.














Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu